Soup brings variety to the dog bowl and can help with some diseases.
Dogs have no significant problems eating their usual food, but like their owners, they love variety. You can give your dog soup, a special dish for the fur nose.
It’s best to cook the soup yourself, as this is the only way to be sure that it only contains healthy ingredients. Because as you know, not all human food is good for dogs.
Salt: The Worst Enemy
Before you give your dog soup, you must know what ingredients you can’t use. For example, salt is very harmful to our noses.
Dogs can tolerate small amounts of salt, but too much can lead to poisoning. Vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of appetite are some of the symptoms.
But as a result, fluid retention, kidney damage, or fatal diseases can also occur.
Onion and garlic have no place in the soup. These harm red blood cells, which can lead to hemolytic anemia; there is also a risk of gastrointestinal inflammation in dogs.
Soup for your dog
For some diseases, soup is a good choice for the dog: for example, with colds, stomach problems, vomiting, diarrhea, or difficulty chewing.
Dogs can also get the flu in winter. A warm chicken broth with noodles is perfect for your animal companion to regain strength.
You can also cook chicken broth for your furry friend if you have digestive problems. For people with stomach problems, it is a gentle way to provide your dog with essential nutrients. So the animal also receives sufficient liquid.
Only homemade food for the dog?
You can only feed your homemade dog food, but ensure all the essential nutrients are present. Of course, the diet plan must not only consist of soup unless recommended by the veterinarian.
Commercially available products guarantee that dogs consume all the necessary proteins and nutrients. Should cook food prepared at home according to the same principle.
Chicken Soup with Carrots
The following recipe is easy to prepare and provides the dog with beta-carotene and vitamins A, E, and B. Fats, calories, and all particular amino acids are also included.
Especially for dogs who train daily, this recipe is excellent. Also, this sup is worthwhile in case of malnutrition or skin and fur problems.
- 250 g chicken scraps, chopped (stomach, heart, liver)
- Two large carrots
- Wash and grate the carrots.
- Put all ingredients in a pot of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes; let the soup cool down before serving until lukewarm.
- A spoon is sufficient; your dog should not overeat with it.
- In addition, you can add some food when serving.
- You can store this preparation in the refrigerator for up to three days. Please note: You must not add salt or any other spices.
This soup is especially recommended for dogs with severe diarrhea; rice contains vitamin E, phosphorus, and potassium and stimulates the appetite.
- 2 cups of rice
- 250 g boned chicken without skin or lean veal
- Boil the rice in five cups of water.
- Cut chicken or veal into tiny pieces and boil in four cups of water until cooked.
- Add the rice and let it cook for another five minutes.
- Allow cooling before serving.